Wednesday 22 August 2012

First Post!

Hi there,

My name is April and I am a 3rd Year Natural History Student from the University of Newcastle.This is the first post related to my self-directed study course, in which I am using a blog as my journal for the subject. Watch this space for my process of completing a project from start to finish. 

Here is something along the lines of my Project Outline:


Creative Aim:

My creative aim is to create a set of t-shirt designs that explore the practical application of natural history illustration. I intend to develop my own style of t-shirt designs that combine illustrative techniques with quirky popular culture references.  I am interested in developing my own unique style in this genre.  I intend to learn what is required in the process of creating designs for print.

Industry Relevant aim:

The illustration industry is diverse, incorporating imagination and skill while also exploring many facets of practicality. As an illustrator I am trying to find niche markets in which to inject my unique natural history illustration skills. In my project I want to research the t-shirt design industry, design processes and final print requirements. It is relevant for me to understand the means of creating designs and learning how to produce a final product to market professionally.

ta-dah!

So basically I'll be using this as a journal to research and answer a lot of questions I have about t-shirt design, post current trends and inspiration, as well as the development of my own ideas and any meetings with supervisors or clients I have.
And so the process begins!


My next post will be a collection of useful websites and inspiration.

For now I give you this:

[ Sonic t-shirt design]

No comments:

Post a Comment